Sales and marketing professional with over twenty years of experience leading digital transformations. Neil is the Chief Operating Officer for Trailers of the East Coast. He leads sales, marketing, and service operations driving end to end customer experience across the entire dealership.
Marketing News Coverage…
Brand Marketing, Adweek, 2018
Industry Insights, Demand Generation Report, 2018
Khalil Mack is endorsing Mack Trucks, SBNation, 2017
Social Pros Podcast, Convince and Convert, 2017
The Horn, Adweek, 2017
Driving Success on Social, Oracle, 2016
How to Combine Social Media and B2B Marketing Automation, 2016
Innovative digital marketing and eCommerce leader with a proven history of building and maturing high-value marketing and eCommerce strategies. Successfully bridges the gap between sales and marketing to deliver exceptional results. Robust expertise in all aspects of B2B and B2C sales and marketing. A recognized demand generation expert. Skilled corporate branding innovator, strategic leader, and market engagement catalyst with a passion for delivering compelling digital customer experiences.
Trailers of the East Coast
Chief Operating Officer
January 2022 – Present
Returned to Trailers of the East Coast post-COVID after heavy recruitment to join the Leadership team and lead sales and marketing. Drive daily sales performance and team development. Fully lead, manage, and execute our marketing strategy across a newly launched WordPress website driving approximately $50 million in annual sales revenue.
- Developed full HubSpot sales integration with sales forecasting and sales pipeline visibility aligned with our annual business plan.
- Launched an in-house creative content team for photography and video marketing content to support eCommerce marketing campaigns and social media channels.
- Delivered full marketing lead attribution across multi-channel digital and social media marketing activities to measure conversion rates and marketing ROI.
- Leads a sales team of five people, manages $10 million of sales inventory, and generates nearly $50 million in annual sales.
- Serving member of the Leadership Team which guides the overall company direction.
Mack Trucks is one of North America’s largest heavy-duty Class 8 trucks, engines, and transmission manufacturers. Founded in 1900, Mack trucks are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide.
Director, Marketing Communications
March 2013 – January 2022
Spearheaded digital innovations and CX transformations across the Mack Trucks brand, helming ambitious Marketing Communications and Creative strategy to drive the achievement of core corporate objectives. Designed and steered digital marketing campaign strategy, building a lean demand generation focused sales and marketing organization while continuously maturing digital brand presentation and vision.
- Forged the digital strategy and infrastructure, building internal knowledge around digital and social media utilization, marketing automation, and demand generation to ensure optimal business results.
- Executed the Mack brand relaunch, unveiling the new Mack logo, brand guidelines, color scheme, brand voice and messaging, and mission statement, unifying all website, social, advertising, and media collateral to transform public-facing brand strategy and presentation.
- Led the communication, creative development, and execution of the Mack Anthem, Mack LRe, mDriveHD, Mack Medium Duty product launches across complex multi-channel delivery of media and digital assets garnering thousands of new prospect responses and marketing leads driving order intake and product sales.
- Established and generated an annual marketing sales pipeline equivalent to 100% of U.S. and Canada production volume targets, capturing valuable leads and contacts through marketing channels, content, and automation strategies.
- Successfully managed a $14 million-dollar annual marketing budget to drive dynamic digital marketing campaigns and operations, including trade show booth designs and execution for 19 yearly trade shows.
- Built and presented compelling business cases for Oracle Eloqua and Zift Solutions software contracting, securing critical Process / IT committee and executive approval for global Volvo Group use and integration with Salesforce.
- Pioneered a unique Virtual Reality experience in Samsung VR Gear to provide virtual customer experiences with an all-new proprietary automated manual transmission product (mDRIVE HD), delivering virtual ride-along to mitigate the lack of available trucks in the market and capture customer engagement.
- Innovated a creative response to tradeshow budget reductions, championing the development of a dynamic Augmented Reality (AR) experience using motion-point graphics to enable customers to view, change, and select truck applications.
- Supported VP of Marketing in growing the Dealer Marketing Sub Council and culture. Catalyzed the transition from launch to over 60+ Marketing Managers across the Mack dealer network, bridging the gap between sales and marketing. Matured digital marketing environments to support a bi-annual marketing summit.
- Led the launch of Roadlife, a long-form content production concept, overseeing the storyboarding, shooting, editing, and production for nine ~20-minute episodes for Amazon Prime and YouTube, showcasing Mack products through strategic, highly-visible partnerships (including NASCAR, Richard Petty, Bubba Wallace, Khalil Mack, Zack Brown Band, Steve Moakler, New York City Department of Sanitation, and Ryan Hickman) to capture more than 1M social media / YouTube views and activate exceptional market awareness and engagement.
Allegacy Federal Credit Union
With over 100,000 members and assets in excess of $1.5 billion dollars, Allegacy is a member-owned and not-for-profit credit union. Financial centers are located across the North Carolina Triad and New Jersey with multiple Student-Run Credit Unions located on high school campuses.
Manager of eCommerce | IT Manager
December 2009 – March 2013
Championed CX and eCommerce transformation and maturity across all online digital products and services, driving the continuous evolution of Online Banking, Online Bill Pay, Mobile Banking, online applications, digital statements, and other digital tools to ensure optimal customer experiences. Led and developed a six-person team of developers and administrators, steering leading-edge digital innovations aligned with industry changes and corporate goals.
- Captained all IT projects, driving CX digital transformations to propel ongoing innovation and competitive advancement.
- Partnered with IT and Marketing VPs to shape and implement new digital services, including mobile banking apps, remote deposit capture, and online account opening to meet shifting customer needs.
- Catalyzed the online bill pay platform conversion of over 100K member accounts, partnering with technical leaders to shape infrastructure and processes.
- Governed enterprise-wide social media initiatives and campaigns, leading the implementation of key approaches, collateral, and content as well as tracking performance and engagement.
- Forged and grew the relationships with marketing agencies and online banking vendor Intuit, managing partnerships and changes to maintain optimal system and customer-facing operations.
Trailers of the East Coast
Digital Marketing Manager
June 2005 – December 2009
Helmed digital marketing and eCommerce shaping high-impact digital strategy and campaigns to catalyze market expansion and engagement. Partnered with ownership to coordinate and implement budgets, securing approvals for all media spend, software, and website platform initiatives in support of dynamic consumer-facing innovations.
- Propelled the implementation of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, leveraging CRM to build a custom daily sales process.
- Innovated all-new real-time sales tracking and web analytics performance reporting processes, empowering greater control and governance of numerous store websites.
- Executed Google Adwords and paid digital media to catalyze online digital advertising campaigns and approaches, pivoting marketing strategy to prioritize web collateral.
Digital Marketing Manager | Sales Manager | Finance Manager
November 1998 – June 2005
Hired as finance manager and later promoted to new and used car manager. While at Modern, I found my career path in sales and digital marketing. Successfully built a very productive internet sales team across multi-brands, including Chevrolet, Toyota, Nissan, Infinity, and Hyundai.
- Developed the largest Automotive Internet Sales Department in the Southeast. Ranked top 50 in the country.
- Implemented Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software that played a vital role in the increased sales success of the Internet Sales Department.
- Developed and maintained six-store websites while managing an Internet lead base of 1,500 – 2,000 per month.
- Increased online automotive sales by 300%.
- Managed vendors and maintained inventory listings on major automotive websites.
- Created and executed online marketing strategy and digital advertising campaigns through Google Adwords and digital media.
- Responsible for staffing and managing a sales team of fifteen representatives.
- Create profit through the face-to-face sales of financing, service contracts, and insurance products.
- Reviewed and placed auto loan applications with appropriate lending institutions.
- Managed multi-million dollar automotive inventory.