So you want to start a blog and share your thoughts, experience, hobby, and perhaps make money blogging? Well you should! I have had my blog since 2006 and after moving around and trying various blog platforms, I will tell you now that WordPress is by far the best. Do not waste any time setting up a blog and putting your own content out on other platforms that you do not own. From day one I wish I had started and stayed on my own self hosted WordPress blog.
Let’s do this! In less than 5 minutes I can show you how to have your own self hosted WordPress blog up and live. I will walk you through setting it up on Bluehost as they have one of the industries best WordPress hosting plans. You have a couple of options… one option is you can certainly set up your blog with a FREE domain name and $3.95 a month hosting. The other option is the WordPress optimized hosting that is around $25 a month. Still it is dirt cheap and you will find your site quicker, more secure, and less of a maintenance / performance issue here than on the $3.95 plan. But both are perfectly fine and totally up to you and the amount of money you would like to invest in your new blog.
Stop what you are doing now and take 5 minutes and start a blog!
There are many reasons why Bluehost is so highly recommended, but here are a few:
- Their service, reliability and usability.
- Bluehost has worked hard to make their Control Panel easier to use.
- Bluehost has partnered with MOJO Marketplace to make installing WordPress a breeze.
- They also offer courteous and professional 24 hour in-house technical support for your hosting account 7 days of the week all year long. That means when you call in at 1 in the morning on a Thursday, you are calling to the same place that your hosting account is at and some one there will be able to help you.
- For $4.95 a month you can host unlimited websites, email accounts and domains; all on one account.
- Bluehost uses custom built servers, this provides the most stable and reliable hosting environment.
Also, to help make sure that there is little to no risk for you, Bluehost has a 30 day money back guarantee. So, if their hosting is not what you need or want, you can cancel at anytime.
Start A Blog
To get ready, you will want to gather a few things beforehand to make the process even smoother. Here are some things you will want to have on hand:
- Think of a Domain Name
- Have your credit card handy
- Click the get started now button
- Either get your free domain name here or use an existing domain if you already own one. (There are very detailed directions on how to point your existing domain to Bluehost).
- Select all the options as you choose (The $3.95 per month sign up will look very similar).
- Pay for plan – Monthly or multi-month options available.
- Once payment is complete you will have access to your Control Panel (cPanel)
- Login to your Bluehost account and Click on hosting to open cPanel.
- Click on cPanel under Hosting
- Look for “Install WordPress” Under Website Builders
- Click On install to install WordPress
- Select which domain you would like to install you blog on
- Fill and remember all the details to manage your WordPress